What You Need to Know to Get Started
Interested in participating in the survey? These steps will give you a general idea about how to get started.
- Decide the primary purpose of the survey. Do you want to survey for a general health assessment, a needs assessment, for comparison to a national sample, for program planning, or for pre-test and post-test evaluation?
- Identify sources of support and campus resources available — administrators, health center staff, other student affairs staff, IT staff, academic departments, and graduate students. The NCHA can be a great opportunity for campus-wide collaboration.
- Specify the sampling strategy and surveying method you want to use survey all students, survey randomly selected students, etc.
- Determine if you want to offer any incentives to increase your response.
- Decide if you want to include the optional standardized firearms extra questions to your survey
- Decide if you want to add any extra questions specific to your campus.
Proceed to Order Form and Next Steps >>