How You Can Use the Data
With the NCHA, you can determine the most significant health priorities and trends of your student body.
With your survey data, you can:
- Identify the most common health and behavior risks affecting students' academic performance
- Design evidence-based health promotion programs with targeted educational and environmental initiatives.
- Create social norms marketing campaigns by comparing students' actual behaviors to their perceptions about peer behavior.
- Allocate monetary and staffing resources based upon defined needs.
- Provide needs assessment data for campus and community task forces on sexual assault, alcohol use, eating disorders, etc.
- Have readily available graphs and data for policy discussions and presentations with faculty, staff, administration, and board members.
- Impact the campus culture by opening a dialogue about health with students and staff.
- Develop proposals to secure grant funding to expand or develop programs.
- Evaluate your programming efforts by conducting repeat administrations of the survey.
Plus many additional ways the data can be of service to your campus:
- For faculty to present in social sciences, health, communications, and research classes.
- For students to gain hands-on experience working with and analyzing data.
- For campus and local media to cite in articles and editorials.
- For administration to use in presentations for prospective students and parents and for freshmen orientation.
- For marketing professionals to draw on for promotional materials.