Build a healthier campus community by assessing the health and wellness of your faculty and staff.
Having current, relevant data about faculty and staff health can help colleges and universities enhance health promotion and prevention services across campus. By assessing faculty, staff, and graduate student employees’ health behaviors, institutions can provide better services and support for their employees.
This survey tool, designed specifically for faculty, staff, and graduate student employees working on college and university campuses, can assist schools in determining which employee wellness programs and services are needed.
The first benchmarked survey of its kind, the ACHA-NFSHA addresses multiple topics and provides institutions with the ability to compare their results using reference group reports. Schools participating in the ACHA-NFSHA have the option to add additional questions to further refine results.
The survey is completely confidential—employees’ email addresses or names are never attached to their responses.
How You Can Use the Data
With the ACHA-NFSHA, you can determine the most significant employee health priorities and trends.
With your survey data, you can:
- Identify the most common health and behavior risks affecting employees' performance and productivity.
- Design evidence-based health promotion programs with targeted educational and environmental initiatives.
- Allocate monetary and staffing resources based upon defined needs.
- Have readily available data for policy discussions and presentations with faculty, staff, administration, and board members.
- Impact the campus culture by opening a dialogue about health with employees.
- Develop proposals to secure grant funding to expand or develop programs.
- Evaluate your programming efforts by conducting repeat administrations of the survey.
New Pricing Model
With data from the NFSHA, you can benchmark against other schools in your region or matching your school's profile, design evidence-based health promotion programs with targeted educational and environmental initiatives, and more.
We've streamlined our pricing model and added new perks. The new pricing model means:
- More straightforward pricing: with tiered pricing levels, it’s easier than ever to budget for employee participation.
- Improved sample size, more useful data: with pricing now based on tiers instead of per employee, you can survey many more employees. A larger sample size gives you more confidence in your data.
- More equity, better representation: HBCUs, community colleges, and tribal institutions who were unable to participate due to budget constraints now receive special pricing. Higher participation from these schools means the data is more representative of the nation’s college and university faculty and staff.
- More balance between your needs and your budget: we’re offering more ways to customize the survey while keeping costs in check. Choose one, three, or all optional customizations, based on your greatest need.
- Improved options to increase participation: to help you get the highest participation rate, we’re now including five email reminders in the base price, up from just three, and we’ve significantly lowered the cost on additional reminders.
Results from Spring 2023 ACHA-NFSHA
Results from Fall 2021 ACHA-NFSHA
Results from Spring 2021 ACHA-NFSHA
Results from Spring 2019 ACHA-NFSHA
Results from Fall 2019 ACHA-NFSHA
Want to learn more? Email Taylor Klenner or complete the NFSHA Order Form.
ACHA Institutional Members receive discounted pricing on the ACHA-NFSHA. Click here to see if your school is a member.
Download the NFSHA Order Form [pdf]
View the NFSHA Survey [pdf]
Tools for Implementing the NFSHA