Who We Are
Since 1920, the American College Health Association (ACHA) has linked
college health professionals throughout the nation (and more recently
around the globe), forming a powerful, collaborative networking base.
This unique synthesis of vision and knowledge, of practice and policy,
can guide and support you and your health service, your health programs,
and your professional development. Today’s professionals in college health carry on a rich legacy of service and commitment to advance the health of college students nationwide. These are the faces of college health.
Our Mission Statement
To serve as the principal leadership organization for advancing
the health of college students and campus communities through advocacy,
education, and research.
To be the recognized voice of expertise in college health.
Our Core Values
In promoting healthy campus communities and healthy individuals
as integral to student learning, the American College Health Association
- Social justice, human dignity, and respect for all
- The provision of student-centered services
- Professional excellence, responsiveness, and ethical practice
- Multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches to health
- The commitment and participation of other stakeholders both on and off campus who advance health
- The active involvement of students
- Evidence-informed practices as a foundation for our programs
The mission, vision and values set forth above are integral to
ACHA’s strategic plan that guides the long term direction of the
association. Learn more about who we are by reviewing our strategic plan.