Pacific Coast College Health Association Research and Grants Committee
Annual Call for Proposals for PCCHA Mini-Grants
To make available financial support for colleges or universities to host regional educational workshops, seminars, or speakers to further collaboration, knowledge, and networking among college health professionals and student leaders.
Award Amount Available:
A total of $750.00 will be made available in an academic year to fund grants. It is expected that each institution provides a minimum of 20% cost share of proposed direct project costs (exclusive of any staff expenses). The level of support will be a factor in the grant review. No mini-grant funds shall be allocated to indirect costs, also known as overhead, facilities and administrative, etc. or other administrative costs.
- Proposals must be relevant to college health or to the health of students.
- Funded projects must be in support of collaborative activities that involve or are open to more than one campus.
- Applicants must be members of ACHA/PCCHA.
Note: ACHA's membership model allows all individuals who are part of a member school to join ACHA/PCCHA for free. See "Is My School a Member?" to see if you are eligible a free individual membership.
- Applicants may be part of the institution’s staff, faculty, or student body.
The proposal should include the following:
- Title of proposal
- Requester’s information (name, title, university name, mailing address, office phone)
- Goals or purpose for the workshop/seminar. Include target audience.
- Two to three measurable objectives.
- Campuses to be invited to participate in the workshop/seminar.
- Itemized budget for workshop/seminar costs such as advertising, transportation, speaker fees, materials, room rental or food costs as needed to directly support the workshop/seminar.
- Call for mini-grant proposals accepted no later than the beginning of each calendar year and must be received by May 31, 2021.
- Proposals will be reviewed after closing date.
- Final recommendations shall be submitted to the PCCHA Executive Committee for final approval. The PCCHA Executive Committee will announce the award recipient(s) by June 30, 2021.
- Grant Award Committee: Consists of physician(s), nurse/NP/PA(s), administrator(s), health educator(s), student(s), and other experts/professionals as needed.
The committee reserves the right to reject any or all proposals if they do not comply with the intent of these funds.
Submit proposal on or before the deadline to:
Research and Grants Committee
Manager of Health Information and Front Office
University of California, Irvine
501 Student Way
Irvine, CA 992614
Phone: (949) 824-1913
Fax: (949) 824-3033