Pacific Coast College Health Association Research and Grants Committee
Announces the Call for Proposals for PCCHA Mini-Grants
To make available financial support for colleges or universities to host regional educational workshops, seminars, or speakers to further collaboration, knowledge, and networking among college health professionals and student leaders.
Award Amount Available:
A total of up to $3,000 will be made available in an academic year to fund grants. Distribution of dollars will be up to the discretion of the research and grants committee and will be given out in allocations of $1,000 minimum per award up to $3,000 per award. It is expected that each institution provide a minimum of 20% cost share of proposed direct project costs (exclusive of any staff expenses). The level of support will be a factor in the grant review. No mini-grant funds shall be allocated to indirect costs, also known as overhead, facilities and administrative, etc. or other administrative costs.
- Proposals must be relevant to college health or to the health of students.
- Funded projects must be in support of collaborative activities that involve or are open to more than one campus.
- Applicants must be members of ACHA/PCCHA.
- Applicants may be part of the institution’s staff, faculty, or student body.
The proposal should include the following:
- Title of proposal
- Requester’s information (name, title, university name, mailing address, office phone)
- Goals or purpose for the workshop/seminar. Include target audience.
- Two to three measurable objectives.
- Campuses to be invited to participate in the workshop/seminar.
- Itemized budget for workshop/seminar costs such as advertising, transportation, speaker fees, materials, room rental or food costs as needed to directly support the workshop/seminar.
- Call for mini-grant proposals accepted no later than the beginning of each calendar year and must be received by April 30, 2018.
- Proposals will be reviewed after closing date.
- Final recommendations shall be submitted to the PCCHA Executive Committee for final approval. The PCCHA Executive Committee will announce the award recipient(s) by June 30, 2018.
- Grant Award Committee: Consists of physician(s), nurse/NP/PA(s), administrator(s), health educator(s), student(s), and other experts/professionals as needed.
The committee reserves the right to reject any or all proposals if they do not comply with the intent of these funds.
2018 Committee Members:
Submit proposal on or before the deadline to:
Research and Grants Committee
Laurel Halsey, MBA
University Health Services
University of California, Berkeley
2222 Bancroft Way, Suite 3010
Berkeley, CA 94720
Phone: (510) 642-3748
Fax: (510) 643-5079
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org