OCHA Annual Meeting
April 14, 2023
Ohio Northern University
525 South Main St.
Ada, OH 45810
- Identify, investigate, and seek solutions to some of the current clinical, educational and administrative issues facing college health professionals.
- Describe current modalities for the treatment of physical, social, and mental health disorders common in young adult population.
- Provide an intellectual, pleasant and informal environment to encourage networking and dialogue with colleagues from different institutions while discussing best practices.
This conference is designed for health services personnel interested in health and welfare of college students such as nurses, advanced practice nurses, physicians, mental health professionals and health educators.
- Credits will be available via the American College of Family Physicians (AAFP) and the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (CHES)
- You must attend a minimum of 80% of the program and complete the evaluation to receive contact hours.
- The planners and speakers have declared no conflicts of interest.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations received before April 3, will receive a refund less a $25 administrative fee. Cancellations after April 3 will not be honored. However, substitutions will be permitted.
Schedule of Events
7:00 - 7:45 am
Breakfast and Registration
7:45 - 8:00 am
Courtney Holzheimer, OCHA President, Director of Clinical Operations, Case Western Reserve University
8:00 - 9:00 am
Keynote: Rebuilding Communities
Rick Hodges, Director of the Ohio Alliance for Innovation in Population Health, Ohio University
9:00 - 10:00 am
The Cost of Caring: Indirect Trauma and the Importance of Self-Keeping
Jennifer King, Assistant Professor and co-director of the Center on Trauma & Adversity, Case Western Reserve University
Coffee break, Vendors, Networking
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Panel Discussion: A Tree and its Branches: A Discussion About Mental Health and Well-Being on Branch Campuses
- Dee Kinney, Assistant Professor, Miami U-Regionals
- Christine Junker, Director, Professional Development and Curriculum Liaison, Wright State University- Lake Campus
- Christina Grote, Regional Director of New Student Programs & Engagement, Miami U- Regionals
- Carolyn Shisler, Program Director Physical Therapist Assistant Program, University of Cincinnati Regionals
12:00 -1:30 pm
Lunch, Vendors, Networking
Business Meeting and Lois Wells Update
2:30 - 3:30 pm
Countering Bad Press
Chris Smith, Senior Director of Wellness, Kenyon College
Colleen Rerucha, Senior Director of Executive Communications, Bowling Green State University
3:30 - 3:45 pm
Closing and Evaluations