Important News: OCHA 2020 Annual Meeting Is Cancelled Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please check back for details on any future meetings.
OCHA Annual Meeting
April 17, 2020
Ohio Northern University
525 South Main St.
Ada, OH 45810
- Identify, investigate, and seek solutions to some of the current clinical, educational and administrative issues facing college health professionals.
- Describe current modalities for the treatment of physical, social, and mental health disorders common in young adult population.
- Provide an intellectual, pleasant and informal environment to encourage networking and dialogue with colleagues from different institutions while discussing best practices.
This conference is designed for health services personnel interested in health and welfare of college students such as nurses, advanced practice nurses, physicians, mental health professionals and health educators.
- Contact Hours for nurses are to be deter-mined with AAFP.
- Category I CHES credits will be available.
- You must attend a minimum of 80% of the program and complete an evaluation form to receive contact hours.
- The planners and speakers have declared no conflict of interest.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations received before April 3, will receive a refund less a $25 administrative fee. Cancellations after April 3 will not be honored. However, substitutions will be permitted.
Schedule of Events
Welcome (Tara Smith RN, President of OCHA)
Vaccine Preventable Diseases (Dr. Sherman Alter, MD Dayton Children’s)
HIV PrEP (Jane Balbo, DO, MHA, Ohio Univ.)
Tobacco 21 and Vaping—Ohio’s Evolving Youth Tobacco Landscape (Amanda Burkett, MA Ohio Dept. Health, Karin Carlson, MCRP Ohio Dept. Mental Health and Addiction Services)
- Lois Wells Award: Tavis Glassman PhD, MPH, MSEd, MCHES, CCPH, Univ. of Toledo
- Business Meeting (Katrin Wesner-Harts, EdD, FACHA, ACHA President)
“Mental Health, GRIT" (Dr. Stefani Hathaway, BGSU)
- “Re-Envisioning the Student Health Advisory Committee” (Dee Kinney, PhD, MSW, RDN, Miami University)
- “Peer to Peer Support, Peer Education” Faith DeNardo, PhD, CHES, BGSU (Brandy Reeves, MPH, CHES Univ.of Cincinnati)
- “Food Pantry Program on Campus” (Daniel Cummins, Univ. of Cincinnati)
- “QPR” (Tim Eppich, RN, BSN, MPA Case Western)
Wrap up/Evaluations/Raffle Prize
The meeting will be at the Ohio Northern Inn.
Room rates: $115 /single occupancy and $135/ double occupancy.
Please visit the website for more information.