NCCHA Annual Meeting
North Central College Health Association 2023 Annual Meeting:
Moving from Wellness to Wellbeing
Click here to visit the official meeting website for registration, meeting information, lodging, program, and more.
Date & Location
Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 7:00 AM - Friday, October 27, 2023, 5:00 PM
Maple Grove Community Center, Maple Grove, MN
This course is planned and hosted by the North Central College Health Association. The North Central College Health Association provides regional leadership by advancing the health of college students, by advocating and assisting its members with networking and educational opportunities, and by promoting college health services and influencing action on health issues. For more information contact Brian Vanderheyden at email@example.com.
The annual NCCHA conference draws health and wellbeing professionals from institutions of higher education across the North Central region of the United States (Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin). Attendees represent all areas of college health: medical providers, nurses, health promotion staff, registered dietitians, social workers, counselors, directors, and administrative staff.
The theme for the Fall 2023 meeting is “Moving from wellness to wellbeing”. Participants will explore the need for institutions to center the aspirations of the Okanagan Charter to “enhance the success of their institutions; create campus cultures of compassion, well-being, and equity; improve the health of the people who live, learn, work, play and love on our campuses; and strengthen the ecological, social and economic sustainability of our communities and wider society."
At the conclusion of this meeting, learners should be able to:
- Identify current frameworks for system level health promotion work on college campuses.
- Explain cultural humility and cultural responsiveness skills to provide optimal care for students.
- Identify communication skills in working with patients on delivering health information and education.
- Discuss quality and safety standards in college health and how those can influence clinical judgement.
- Identify best practices in college student wellbeing to influence programs, strategies, and service delivery.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
HUB|HORAN Campus Health Solutions
UnitedHealthcare Student Resources
Henry Schein-University Medical
MMCAP Infuse (MN Dept. of Admin)
Student Assurance Services, Inc.
The Jed Foundation (JED)
The Renfrew Center