The New CDC STD Treatment Guidelines in Action: A Case-Based Approach to STD Management in Young Adults
Fees Instructions for Obtaining Credit
Updated CDC STD treatment guidelines will be presented in an interactive case-based session using an audience response system provided by speakers. Newer STD/HIV tests and test algorithms, including office-based, CLIA-waived tests that can be routinely offered in clinical care, will be highlighted.
- Physicians and Physician Assistants
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Health Educators
The participant should be able to:
- Explain changes in STD Treatment Guidelines that pertain to young adults, inclusive of updates to epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and management for STDs (e.g. HIV, syphilis, HSV, HPV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and trichomoniasis).
- Discuss screening and prevention issues relevant to special populations (i.e. adolescents, young adults, MSM, and WSW).
- Discuss changes in the partner notification and treatment process (Expedited Partner Therapy) as they pertain to STD cases.
Katherine Hsu, MD, MPH
Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Howard Heller, MD, MPH
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Program Planning Committee
Resolution of Potential Conflicts of Interest — Program Planning Committee:
Program Planning Committee members have completed conflict of interest statements regarding relationships with commercial entities. Each of the Program Planning Committee members have reported no relevant financial conflicts of interest.
The fee for the download of this program is $25.00 and is payable directly to Conference Media via their website (see link below). We encourage you to share this download with colleagues at your institution.
There is an additional fee for each individual requesting continuing education credit. This is payable to ACHA and is required prior to receiving your CE certificate. This fee is non-refundable.
ACHA individual members at member institutions: FREE
ACHA individual members at a non-member institution: $15
Instructions for Obtaining Credit
It is estimated that it will require 1.5 hours to view the download of this program and complete the post-test and evaluation. (You will be asked to identify the type of credit you are requesting when you take the post-test.)
Step 1: Purchase and view the download of the session. (Viewing this download requires QuickTime 7, available free from Apple.com.)
Step 2: Complete the Post-test and Evaluation Form. (Note: you may print the post-test prior to viewing the download.)
Step 3: Purchase CE credit. Exception: ACHA individual members at member institutions receive free credit, so may skip this step.
Statements and Disclosures