Framing the Future for Comprehensive Care
ACHA section program planners, who will select presentations for the 2016 annual meeting, have been encouraged to collaborate with other ACHA membership sections and coalition chairs to choose programming that reflects the meeting theme, “Framing the Future for Comprehensive Care,” which is also the special focus area of our annual meeting. In addition to selecting programming relevant to the diverse issues impacting college health professionals and students, planners will seek:
- Programming that includes a focus on:
- How comprehensive approaches to care and prevention may impact a student’s health status and therefore their personal and academic success.
- The role of college health in the coordinated delivery of all aspects of prevention and health care addressing collaborative, comprehensive, and connected approaches amongst college health programs and the campus community.
- Research-driven, creative, innovative, and interdisciplinary opportunities that challenge, empower and inspire attendees.
- Programming that addresses identified “practice gaps.” Proposals should articulate clear objectives and demonstrate how learners will gain knowledge, skills, or strategies as a result of participation.
ACHA 2016 Annual Meeting Goals
Consistent with ACHA's mission of advancing the health of college students and the campus community, we, the members of the association, gather at the annual meeting with invited guests to:
- Identify ways to increase knowledge, update professional skills, and incorporate evidence-based guidelines and standards into college health practice in the following areas:
- Assessment and planning
- Health promotion
- Clinical care
- Mental health services
- Leadership development
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and exchange of ideas among college health professionals, students, and leaders in higher education.
- Discuss programs and environments that enhance health outcomes for college students and campus communities.
- Describe the effect of diverse cultures and experiences on the health of individuals and communities.
- Identify ways to integrate college health programs with the missions of the institutions we serve.
- Discuss ACHA's role as a national advocate for policies that have a positive impact on the health of college students and campus communities.