Health Information Management Coalition
If you would like to learn more about this group or have a question
related to this topic, contact the chairperson listed below.
The purpose of the ACHA Health Information Management Coalition is:
- To develop and implement ways to advance best practices and
standards in college health in the areas of:
- Clinical Documentation (EHR, Coding and Billing)
- Informatics/Data Analysis
- Regulatory Compliance (Privacy and Security, HITECH, HIPAA, FERPA, etc.)
- Information and Data Governance
- IT/Technology-related Infrastructure
- Project Management
- To provide information and consultative resources in the areas above.
Please note: Any ACHA individual member (Regular, Student,
Associate, or Emeritus) may join a coalition; however, only Regular
Individual and Student Members may vote or hold office in a coalition.
Assistant Director, Student Health Services
Texas A & M University
Susan Hochman, MPH
The University of Texas
Coalitions provide a multi-disciplinary, topic-oriented
organizational mechanism with broad geographic representation for
continuing education; advocacy; knowledge; standards; and professional
development. They enhance channels of communication among members with
different professional backgrounds to address common issues in college
health and expand membership participation opportunities in the
association. Coalitions serve as an information and consultative
resource for ACHA members and other communities of interest, and help
create informational and educational resources, guidelines, and/or best
practices. They are available to advise the Board of Directors on
relevant policy issues and plan, solicit, or facilitate programming at
ACHA and affiliate annual meetings.