Ethnic Diversity Coalition
If you would like to learn more about this group or have a question related to this topic, contact the chairperson listed below. Please search by last name in the Membership Directory to locate an email address or contact them through the online member forum ACHA Connect [login required].
The purpose of the ACHA Ethnic Diversity Coalition is:
- To maintain ACHA’s core value to support social justice, human dignity, and respect for all.
- To raise the concerns of students of color and college health
professionals while encouraging the development of culturally competent
health services on our respective campuses.
- To be a mechanism for the exchange of information, resources, and
tools to address the health concerns of students of color and
professional concerns of college health professionals.
- To identify and disseminate best practices addressing diversity issues.
- To provide continuing education, advocacy, and professional development across ACHA.
Please note: Any ACHA individual member (Regular, Student,
Associate, or Emeritus) may join a coalition; however, only Regular
Individual and Student Members may vote or hold office in a coalition.
Brooke Ravenel, LPN
State University of New York-Maritime College
Jackie Hop, RN, BSN, MSN, MBA, CPN, LHCRM
University of Central Florida
Darren Aaron, MHA
Wake Forest University
Valerie Hartman, MS
Coalitions provide a multi-disciplinary,
topic-oriented organizational mechanism with broad geographic
representation for continuing education; advocacy; knowledge; standards;
and professional development. They enhance channels of communication
among members with different professional backgrounds to address common
issues in college health and expand membership participation
opportunities in the association. Coalitions serve as an information and
consultative resource for ACHA members and other communities of
interest, and help create informational and educational resources,
guidelines, and/or best practices. They are available to advise the
Board of Directors on relevant policy issues and plan, solicit, or
facilitate programming at ACHA and affiliate annual meetings.
Coalition Meeting Notes
- February 8, 2019, Teleconference Notes [pdf]
- October 20, 2017, Teleconference Notes [pdf]
- April 17, 2017, Teleconference Notes [docx]
- March 10, 2017, Teleconference Notes [pdf]
- November 18, 2016, Teleconference Notes [pdf]
- October 14, 2016, Teleconference Notes [pdf]
- August 19, 2016, Teleconference Notes [pdf]
- April 1, 2016, Teleconference Meeting Notes [pdf]
- March 4, 2016, Teleconference Meeting Notes [pdf]
- February 5, 2016, Teleconference Meeting Notes [pdf]
- November 13, 2015, Teleconference Meeting Notes [pdf]
- October 2, 2015, Teleconference Meeting Notes [pdf]