Managing Concussion on a College Campus: A Public Health Approach
How to Register/Purchase Instructions for Obtaining Credit Submit Feedback
This webinar is partially sponsored by the American College Health Foundation Josh Kaplan Fund for Clinical Medicine.
- Attend the LIVE WEBINAR (registrants will also receive the recording and slides) — Event concluded; no longer available
- Purchase the RECORDING ONLY, video [.mp4] and slides [.pdf] — Coming Soon.
This session will demonstrate how patient outcomes on a college campus can improve through a public health approach to concussion management. The speakers will present the magnitude of the problem, identify risk factors, describe purposeful intervention, and report on how outcomes were improved with those interventions. Further, a framework will be presented that could be applied on other campuses to address patient wellness within the context of concussion.
- Advanced Practice Clinician
The participants should be able to:
- Describe a concussion management plan for a college campus in order to facilitate improved patient outcomes in returning to cognitive and physical activity through an interdisciplinary approach.
- Identify campus resources to facilitate appropriate return to learn strategies for students following concussion.
- Discuss targeted rehabilitation strategies following concussion in a campus health or wellness environment.
- Identify opportunities to impact wellness and health related quality of life around concussion injuries on a college campus.
Jennifer Knerr, MS, LAT, ATC
University of Wyoming
Lena Newlin, MPH, CHES
University of Wyoming
Program Planning Committee
Resolution of Potential Conflicts of Interest — Program Planning Committee:
Committee members have completed conflict of interest statements regarding relationships with commercial entities.
- Melanie Trost, MD, has disclosed that her spouse owns general stock in Gilead Sciences.
- Ryan Patel has disclosed that he owns stock in Pfizer, GSK, Celgene, and Abbvie.
All other Program Planning Committee members have reported no relevant conflicts of interest.
Annual Meeting Program Planning Committee Roster
How to Purchase
The fees to purchase a registration to attend the live event* OR to purchase the recording are as follows**:
$25 for ACHA individual members
$50 for nonmembers
Fees are nonrefundable.
BUY NOW Click to purchase the webinar recording.
Upon purchase, you will receive further instructions on accessing the webinar.
*Access to recordings and slides are included for those who register for live events.
**If you are not interested in attending a live webinar, please wait and purchase the recording when it becomes noted that it is available.
We welcome your feedback after viewing this presentation to help us plan future educational opportunities.
You may provide your anonymous feedback via this short survey.
Instructions for Obtaining Credit (or certificate of attendance)
See the sidebar and accreditation statements below for the types of credit available.
Step 1: View the webinar, either live or on-demand.
Step 2: Complete the Post-test for CE Credit. You will select the type of credit you are requesting on this form. Select "Certificate of Attendance" if no credit is being requested
Step 3 [Only required if requesting AAFP credit]: Complete the Evaluation.
It is estimated that it will require one hour to view the webinar and complete the post-test and evaluation.
Credit must be requested by the program expiration date in the sidebar.
Statements and Disclosures