Heavy Conversations: Weight & Health
How to Purchase Instructions for Obtaining Credit Submit Feedback
- Recorded webinar video [.mp4] and slides [.pdf] — Purchase below
- Live webinar (includes recording and slides) — Event concluded, no longer available
If you attend the live webinar and wish to request CE credit or a certificate of attendance, visit Instructions for Obtaining Credit below.
In this presentation we will review weight bias and stigma in healthcare settings, the factors affecting a person's weight, and more inclusive approaches to health care to improve outcomes and patient satisfaction. Challenges and strategies to address weight concerns with patients and reduce the effects of weight stigma will be discussed.
- Advanced Practice Clinicians
- Health Educators
- Mental Health Professionals
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians and Physician Assistants
- Psychologists, Counselors, and Social Workers
The participants should be able to:
- Discuss weight bias and stigma and the effects in both patients and health care providers.
- Describe biological and psychological factors influencing weight and health.
- Compare and contrast weight inclusive vs. weight normative approaches to health care.
- Discuss challenges and strategies for addressing weight with patients to improve health outcomes.
Jennifer Barnoud, MS, RDN, LD, CEDRD
The University of Texas at Austin
Program Planning Committee
Resolution of Potential Conflicts of Interest — Program Planning Committee:
Committee members have completed conflict of interest statements regarding relationships with commercial entities. Each of the Program Planning Committee members have reported no relevant financial conflicts of interest.
Education Planning Committee Roster
How to Purchase
The fees to purchase a registration to attend the live event* OR to purchase the recording are as follows**:
$25 for ACHA individual members
$50 for nonmembers
Fees are nonrefundable.
BUY NOW Click to purchase the recorded webinar.
*Access to recordings and slides are included for those that register for live events.
**If you are not interested in attending a live webinar, please wait and purchase the recording when it becomes noted that it is available.
We welcome your feedback after viewing this presentation to help us plan future educational opportunities. If you are requesting CE credit or an attendance certificate, this is part of that process so see the instructions in the next section.
If not requesting credit, you may submit your feedback via this short survey.
Instructions for Obtaining Credit (or certificate of attendance)
See the sidebar and accreditation statements below for the types of credit available.
Step 1: View the webinar, either live or on-demand.
Step 2: Complete the Post-test and Evaluation Form. You will select the type of credit you are requesting on this form. Select "Certificate of Attendance" if no credit is being requested.
It is estimated that it will require one hour to view the webinar and complete the post-test and evaluation.
Credit must be requested by the program expiration date in the sidebar.
Statements and Disclosures