Education Administrative Assistant
Posted August 15, 2022
Do you excel at strategic administrative support work? Would you love to be a part of an organization that offers the best of both worlds -- working from the comfort of your home office plus ongoing virtual team collaboration with periodic in-person interactions with the team?
American College Health Association (ACHA) has served as the voice for student health and wellness since 1920. Through advocacy, research and education, ACHA stands at the forefront of issues that impact the health and wellness of college students. While serving the masses, the ACHA staff is composed of approximately 20 team members that are passionate and dedicated to the work and mission! The Education Assistant is a support role that is critical for the Education Department’s success.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Education Assistant is a new role that is responsible for providing administrative support to the team of 3 in the Education Department. The Education Assistant is highly organized, innovative, tech savvy, and possesses excellent customer service skills. The Education Assistant will maintain department data in all internal and external systems and facilitate communications between the department and ACHA members. The incumbent will also assist with live and virtual events, accreditation reporting, and other department projects.
FLSA Status: Exempt | Full-Time
Reports To: TBA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the department point of contact for email and phone communication with staff, members, volunteers, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and advertisers.
- Enter and maintain non-numeric data in internal systems utilizing Smartsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Qualtrics, and Elevate LMS.
- Enter and maintain data in external systems utilizing event software and various accreditation systems.
- Assist with the logistics and coordination of live and virtual educational events.
- Assist with accreditation applications and reports.
- Assist with assessment of data management processes to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
- Create, compile and proofread documents including spreadsheets, PDFs, forms, surveys, and certificates.
- Monitor and update websites as needed.
- Coordinate and confirm stakeholder schedules and meetings by creating online polls, participating in calls, and setting up video conferencing details.
- Assist with testing the functionality and accuracy of the events and online learning sites.
- Coordinate the purchase of office and conference materials and supplies.
- Process and monitor departmental account receivables and code invoices accordingly.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer committees and other special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE | SKILLS | EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in an administrative capacity that interacted with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated experience with managing information in spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel and Smartsheet
- Highly competent in Microsoft Suite and video conferencing
- Proficient in business writing and proofreading communications
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Previous association, higher education and/or nonprofit experience, a plus
- Must reside within the Silver Spring, MD commuting area and adhere to company vaccination requirements
- Must travel to attend organization’s annual out of state conference (typically 7-8 work days during the week of Memorial Day and including weekend travel)
- Customer centric, positive attitude and excellent at problem solving
- Detail oriented, well-organized and ability to prioritize tasks in a self-directed, virtual environment
- Enjoys processes and data
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Possess an interest and ability to learn new things
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
Schedule: 7.5-hour flexible work day | Semi-hybrid environment. Work from home but must be able to attend in-person meetings to connect, collaborate and celebrate with the team.
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland.
Salary range: $50,000-$54,000 /annually commensurate with experience
Safety & Wellness Protocol: All new ACHA employees are required to remain up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations as defined and updated by the CDC, unless a Reasonable Accommodation is approved. ACHA also follows social distancing protocol and mask guidelines according to the Montgomery County and State of Maryland guidelines for indoor masking in a business setting.
Benefit Plans: Full-time employees are eligible for:
- 75% employer paid medical & dental insurance with CareFirst BlueChoice
- 100% employer paid life insurance equal to 2 times your annual salary
- 100% employer paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan which ACHA contributes up to 8%
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending medical and dependent care accounts
- 3 weeks of accrued paid vacation leave during the first year
- 2 weeks+ of accrued paid sick leave
- 12 paid holidays
Don’t meet every single requirement? At ACHA, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.