Digital Communications Coordinator
Posted April 7, 2022
American College Health Association (ACHA) has served as the voice for student health and wellness since 1920. Through advocacy, research and education, ACHA stands at the forefront of issues that impact the health and wellness of college students. While serving the masses, the ACHA staff is composed of approximately 20 team members that are passionate and dedicated to the work and mission!
The digital communications coordinator is an integral part of the ACHA marketing and communications team’s success.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The digital communications coordinator works to increase and deepen member engagement as measured by web traffic, email marketing data and other metrics. The digital communications coordinator will bring energy and creativity to their work and will help identify opportunities to improve the association's marketing strategies.
The digital communications coordinator also maintains a vibrant online environment for ACHA members through managing and nurturing conversations on ACHA’s online community forum and social media platforms.
The digital communications coordinator will also develop marketing content and provide writing, editorial, and proofreading support for the communications team for web, print, and other activities, as well as managing the weekly member e-newsletter and other association emails.
FLSA Status: Exempt | Full-Time
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing & Digital Initiatives
- Assist in producing and compiling engaging digital content on a variety of platforms, including website, social media, e-newsletters, and email communications
- Work with the senior marketing and communications coordinator to develop and implement social media strategy
- Provide consistently engaging posts and conversation seeds on social media outlets and other platforms at a deep engagement level with members
- Manage and disseminate association email communications
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications Team to develop marketing content and provide administrative support for marketing campaigns
- Collaborate across departments to market, promote, and support all ACHA programs, services, events, and new projects
- Identify new communications and marketing opportunities to raise the visibility of ACHA programs
- Support the marketing department with digital graphics, new content suggestions, and website management
- Develop automated systems to track and measure impact of marketing projects and activities
- Provide frequent reports on marketing metrics and campaign performance using Real Magnet, Google Analytics, Buffer, etc.
Online Community Engagement
- Manage ACHA’s community platform, including listservs, on a day-to-day basis to include coordinating technical support issues with the vendor, providing moderation and ensuring that members adhere to policies and Rules of Conduct
- Update and maintain online community engagement guidelines for stakeholders, online community and website training resources, guidelines, and policies for internal and external users
- Work closely with ACHA’s volunteer coordinator, volunteers, and other stakeholders to ensure the ACHA community platform is effective and increases the ability for members to network and collaborate
- Monitor community member posts & activity, uploading resources and content, engaging members and potential members in online dialogues and responding in a timely fashion
- Monitor and measure the success of community engagement and provide reports as needed to help identify trends
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to general public and members for information requests, copyright permissions and direct to appropriate staff members for timely responses
- Attend and support as needed the ACHA Annual Meeting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE | SKILLS | EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or formal marketing related training; Degree in marketing related field, preferred
- Previous work experience in an online community engagement related role; non-profit and/or health related industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated success managing and growing an online community
- Adept with newsletter and social media content development and management
- Expertise in social media posting and metrics on the following platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- Experience with html and css coding, content management systems, Real Magnet (or other marketing automation enterprise software or email platform), Adobe Creative suite, Higher Logic, and Canva is preferred
- Strong knowledge in Google analytics and social media algorithms
- Familiarity with all forms of existing and emerging media including web, mobile, and social
- Must reside within the Silver Spring, MD commuting area and adhere to company vaccination requirements
- Must attend ACHA Annual Meeting (ACHA’s annual conference, which requires approximately 8 days of travel per year)
- Customer centric and excellent at problem solving
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Detail oriented, well-organized and ability to prioritize tasks in a self-directed, virtual environment
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
Schedule: 7.5-hour flexible workday | Hybrid environment (Office is currently operating 100% remote. This position will be eligible for 3 or more days/week telework when the office reopens.)
Salary range: $52,000-$55,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Safety & Wellness Protocol: All ACHA employees are required to remain up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations as defined and updated by the CDC, unless a Reasonable Accommodation is approved. ACHA also follows social distancing protocol and mask guidelines according to the Montgomery County and State of Maryland guidelines for indoor masking in a business setting.
Employment Classification: Full-Time | Exempt
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- 75% employer paid medical & dental insurance with CareFirst BlueChoice
- 100% employer paid life insurance equal to 2 times annual salary
- 100% employer paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan which ACHA contributes up to 8%
- Vision plan
- Flexible spending medical and dependent care accounts
- 3 weeks of accrued paid vacation leave during the first year
- 2 weeks+ of accrued paid sick leave
- Paid Federal holidays
Expected start date for this position is mid-to-late June 2022.