ACHA Fellow Nominations
Nominations Criteria and Process
An ACHA Fellow represents a breadth or diverse level of ACHA involvement and leadership experience at the affiliate and national level and would be considered well rounded and a seasoned professional within the field of college health. If you are considering nominating an ACHA member based on specific contributions to a more focused area of study or practice, you may wish to consider that member for an ACHA award in lieu of Fellow.
Please email your nominations to:
If mailing your nominations instead, please use the address below:
ACHA Fellows Advisory Committee
ATTN: Lisa Pitrone
8455 Colesville Road, Suite 740
Silver Spring, MD 20910
All nominations must be received by the ACHA National Office by January 11, 2022.
NOTE: Fellow candidate must be an ACHA individual member for a minimum of ten years, with the understanding that the years could be non-consecutive (due to financial constraints and other circumstances). That said, an ACHA Fellow candidate should have a minimum of ten consecutive years of service within the field of college health.
Nominate a Candidate as an ACHA Fellow
- Submit a letter of recommendation for each candidate along with a minimum of two letters or emails of support, and the candidate's CV.
- At least one recommendation should be from an ACHA Fellow.
- At least one recommendation should be from an ACHA member at an institution other than the one at which the candidate is employed. (The Fellows Advisory Committee looks for letters of support from throughout ACHA sections.)
- Include a detailed explanation as to why the candidate should be inducted as an ACHA Fellow.
- Provide evidence of the candidate's achievement in both of the following categories (candidates need not satisfy all criteria):
- Professional Achievements in College Health
- Original contributions to the advancement of knowledge in the field
- Distinguished educational, professional, or administrative ability
- Publication in professional journals other than the Journal of American College Health
- Service to employing institution(s)
- Academic (teaching) responsibilities
- Research activities
- Recognition by other related organizations
- Service to ACHA
- Service to the association (list the service)
- Annual meeting participation (e.g., presentations, panels, program planning)
- Serve(d) as an elected officer (e.g., officer of the association, section, or an affiliate)
- Publication in the Journal of American College Health
- Significant, sustained commitment/leadership in the field of college health, embodying the mission and vision of ACHA while advancing the health of the campus community (list the activities)
- Other outstanding services to ACHA (list the services)
The Fellows Advisory Committee will review the nomination packages and make its selections. The Fellows Advisory Committee typically selects four to six individuals annually for induction as an ACHA Fellow.
New ACHA Fellows will be honored at the Awards and Fellows Celebration Dinner during the ACHA Annual Meeting.