ACHA members receive a subscription to the Journal of American College Health, the only scholarly publication devoted entirely to college students’ health.
Includes online access to archives of past issues! [members only]
Published bi-monthly by Taylor & Francis Group in cooperation with ACHA, this prize-winning journal covers developments and research in this broad field, including clinical and preventive medicine, health promotion, environmental health and safety, nursing assessment, interventions, management, pharmacy, and sports medicine. The journal regularly publishes major articles on student behaviors, mental health, and health care policies and includes a section for discussion of controversial issues.
Taylor & Francis Group, JACH Webpage
- Instructions for Authors: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/journal.asp?issn=0744-8481&linktype=44
- Online submission website: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jach
Contact Jeff Leonard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Taylor and Francis Permissions Department, email@example.com
Contact JACH Associate Editor, Sean Beppler at firstname.lastname@example.org
JACH Cover Photo Submissions
In order to have a photograph of your student health center considered for publication on the cover of an upcoming issue of the Journal of American College Health, please submit the following information to Ted Grace, JACH photo editor, at email@example.com:
1. A high-quality color digital photograph of at least 300 dpi that is horizontally-configured. Please shoot the photo of the facility from its best angle, eliminating power lines, signs, and other obstructing factors. We prefer pictures taken at sunrise or dusk when the colors are warmest, and that the facility fill most of the frame rather than be a distant shot. Lower quality photographs tend to become pixelated when they are enlarged, so the higher quality the photograph, the more likely it will be used. If your photograph is too large to send as an email attachment, then either send it on a disk to the address below or contact Dr. Grace for a web address where it can be uploaded.
2. A written description of the photograph that is around 150-200 words that tells about the facility, including services provided, something about how it came to be built or fits into campus life, architectural facts, its history, etc. This essay will be edited.
3. Consent to publish the photograph, which can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the photographer or owner of the photograph.
4. Title for the Photo that includes facility name, university, and location. For example:
Varner Student Health Center
James Madison University
Please provide all of the above information in a single email.
Questions? Please email JACH Photo Editor Ted Grace at email@example.com.
Ted W. Grace, MD, MPH
Director, Student Health Services
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
374 East Grand Avenue, Suite #278A
Carbondale, IL 62901