and White Papers
In order to advance the field of college health, ACHA has created numerous policy guidelines, recommendations and position statements to assist college health professionals in developing and sustaining strong and high quality health programming, health care, and health services in support of college students and their institutions.
The following position statements and recommendations are available to download in pdf format, or copies may be obtained by contacting ACHA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cultural Competency Statement [pdf]
- Drug Education and Testing of Student Athletes [pdf]
- Emergency Planning Guidelines for Campus Health Services: An All-Hazards Approach [pdf]
- General Statement of Ethical Principles and Guidelines [pdf]
- Guidelines for Hiring Health Promotion Professionals in Higher Education [pdf] 2013 UPDATE COMING SOON
- Position Statement on Preventing Sexual Violence on College and University Campuses [pdf]
- Position Statement on Tobacco on College and University Campuses [pdf]
- Recommendations for Institutional Prematriculation Immunizations [pdf] 2013 UPDATE
- Sanctions Procedure [pdf]
- Standards of Practice for Health Promotion in Higher Education [pdf]
- Standards for Student Health Insurance/Benefits Programs [pdf] 2013 UPDATE
- Tuberculosis Screening and Targeted Testing of College and University Students [pdf]
ACHA white papers serve as authoritative educational guides that address college health issues and how to solve them.
The following white papers are currently available:
- Considerations for Integration of Counseling and Health Services on College and University Campuses [pdf]
Little is known about the structure and function of integrated counseling and medical services at colleges and universities. This paper endeavors to investigate the administrative structures and clinical and prevention practices of integrated centers. The paper includes a literature review, survey results, and considerations should an institution wish to consider merging medical and counseling services.
Out of Print
- ACHA Campus Violence White Paper, NASPA Journal , Vol. 43, No. 3. 2006.
Chronicles the scope of the problem on the nation's campuses, presents significant data, and recommends models for prevention.
Resources from other organizations may be available in the "College Health A-Z Topics " section.