ACHA periodically sends emails to our members through a blast email system. We consider this system an important benefit of your membership and an imperative communications tool, as you receive regular updates about your membership and your association along with "news you can use" in your practice or field.
Our blast emails typically notify you about:
- ACHA Annual Meetings and affiliate meetings (registration, programming, and lodging)
- ACHA publications, such as the release of new or revised brochures, guidelines, and research reports
- Your membership fees and renewals
- ACHA research initiatives or resources, such as invitations to participate in important surveys and the availability of ACHA-National College Health Assessment data
- College health news, such as nursing exam criteria or new accreditation standards
- Public health communications from the CDC and other national health and higher education organizations
NOTE: ACHA and/or its affiliates will use member email addresses solely for the purpose of communicating association business or news with its members. Email addresses will not be furnished to outside organizations or companies.
In an effort to decrease the number of spam messages that regularly pop up in your email IN box, the Federal Trade Commission devised a set of regulations for commercial email that go into effect March 28, 2005. Called the CAN-SPAM Act, the law’s primary purpose is to target unsolicited email that is fraudulent or pornographic in nature. Nonprofit organizations, such as ACHA, also fall under the domain of the CAN-SPAM Act, albeit with less stringent regulations.
How to opt-in/out of receiving informational
blast email messages from ACHA
- From the "My Membership" page, select "View/Edit Your Profile", select "edit", then click on the "more info" button to edit your blast email preference.
NOTE: If you choose to opt out, we will also have to remove your email address from our online membership directory, so members will not be able to easily access your contact information for networking purposes.
- Additionally, use the "Edit Your Profile" area to update your email address or provide us with one if we do not have it.
If you have any questions about "opt-out," our blast email system, or your current membership status, please email the Membership Department at email@example.com.
We strongly believe that our blast email system is the most direct and efficient way of regularly communicating with our members. We value your membership and hope that you will accept our informational emails so that we may stay connected with you and thus better serve your needs.