Looking for information on posting an ad?
Central Vermont Medical Center— Norwich University
Norwich University Student Health Center, operated by Central Vermont Medical Center, is seeking a family physician for the role of Medical Director. Norwich University’s 2300 students includes a population of military and traditional students from 45 states and 20 foreign countries.
The position will split time with Norwich student health center including athletic coverage, and a full spectrum (minus OB) family medicine clinic that serves the town of Northfield, VT.
The ideal candidate will enjoy sports medicine (fellowship training not required) and full spectrum family medicine.
Full benefit package including moving expenses and assistance with student loans.
The area offers easy access to a number of outdoor activities such as mountain biking, skiing, hunting, fishing, and hiking.
We are looking for a physician who wants to work in an area where you can have a long, sustainable career and enjoy the special lifestyle that comes with living in Vermont.
Interested candidates please contact: Sarah Child, Manager, Physician Services, Central Vermont Medical Center 802-225-1739, Sarah.Child@cvmc.org. www.CVMC.org
Director of Whisler Center for Student Wellness
Denison University seeks an accomplished, innovative, visionary, and collaborative leader to serve as the Director of the Whisler Center for Student Wellness, a co-located center for health services, counseling services, and health education, and to oversee the development of a campus-wide program of wellness support.
The Director will have the opportunity to execute strategic initiatives related to integrated healthcare and campus-wide wellness education, shape policy, oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of the health and counseling services’ operations, and engage in staff education and development regarding shared values and cooperative practices within a multi-disciplinary healthcare setting.
Denison University is a liberal arts college with 2200 students located in Granville, Ohio.
Interested candidates may view complete information and apply online at: https://employment.denison.edu/postings/922. Full consideration will be given to applications received by April 20, 2015.
For more information, contact Julie Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Medical Services
University Health Services, University of Wisconsin-Madison
University Health Services, UW-Madison has an opening for a Director of Medical Services. This is a leadership position with direct and indirect patient care responsibilities at University Health Services (UHS), the student health service at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The position has responsibility for all medical programs and services and shares (with the Executive Leadership team) broad management responsibility for UHS as a whole. The position has direct supervisory responsibility for a staff of 60 FTE in six clinics including Primary Care, Women’s Health, Occupational Medicine, Travel Medicine, Sexual Health, Wellness, Allergy/Immunization, Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, a multi-disciplinary medical education program, ancillary radiology and laboratory services, and a public health and epidemiology program.
For a complete position description, listing of requirements go to: http://www.ohr.wisc.edu/WebListing/Unclassified/PVLSummary.aspx?pvl_num=82388
UW-Madison is required by law to request data from applicants for employment in order to monitor its recruitment and selection practices. In order for us to meet this federal reporting requirement, please go to http://www.oed.wisc.edu/reports-and-forms.htm to fill out the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form and the Applicant Self-Identification Form for Protected Veterans. Please reference the Position Vacancy Number (82388) when uploading your completed forms. Completing these forms is voluntary and your responses will be kept confidential and is not considered as part of the hiring criteria.
Send cover letter and curriculum vitae to Liz Valentine, email@example.com (preferred), or to University Health Services, 333 East Campus Mall, #8104, Madison, WI 53715-1381. Must be received by May 1, 2015, to ensure consideration.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalist(s). A period of evaluation will be required.
The University at Albany
The University at Albany
The University at Albany invites applications for the position of Medical Director of the University Health Center. The University Health Center is the primary health care facility for the students at the University and provides assistance for up to 150 students per day, with over 17,000 visits a year. Services include a general medical clinic, women's health clinic, self-help cold clinic, psychiatric services, telephone medical advice, routine lab tests, referral services, and a registered pharmacy. A Medical Degree from an accredited college or university, an active NYS Medical License, and Board Certification, required.
For a full description and to apply, please see:
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
Director of Counseling
Eastern Connecticut State University
Eastern Connecticut State University is searching for a Director of Counseling.
Duties: Conducting intake evaluations, providing counseling/therapy and referrals to outside professionals; administering and evaluating psychological tests; providing leadership to CAPS staff in the development of programming designed to meet student needs; and managing the operations of the center.
Qualifications: A doctorate in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field; with Connecticut Licensure or eligibility for Connecticut Licensure (must be licensed in CT at time of hire). Extensive experience in a diverse college/university environment strongly preferred.
Candidates must submit electronically a cover letter, resume and three current letters of recommendation to Karen Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More detailed descriptions are available at: http://www1.easternct.edu/humanresources/jobs/admin-positions/
Northwestern University Health Service
Northwestern University Health Service (NUHS) seeks candidates for the position of Medical Director who will assume administrative responsibilities (50%) and provide direct patient care for students on Northwestern University’s Evanston Campus. NUHS serves approximately 16,000 students with an average utilization of 27,000 outpatient visits annually. NUHS has 60+ permanent staff and outpatient care is supported with in-house clinical laboratory, pharmacy, and general diagnostic radiology services.
The Medical Director supervises 10 providers and manages all clinical services for NUHS, which includes responsibilities for providing primary medical care for NU students. Administrative duties include: recruitment, hiring and training of providers; managing credentialing and privileging of medical staff; development and oversight of policies and procedures consistent with practice standards for healthcare delivery; and assisting with accreditation and regulatory compliance. This position is involved in a variety of committees both internal and external to the department. The Medical Director may represent NUHS to the Northwestern community concerning delivery of healthcare services and emerging healthcare issues.
We seek candidates who have demonstrated a pattern of progressive growth and successful healthcare leadership in their career. This position requires applicants to be a graduate of an approved medical school with board certification in internal medicine, family medicine or pediatrics. A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in primary care with supervisory experience in college health or clinical practice management, a valid State of Illinois medical license and DEA license, are requirements for the position.
For consideration (Job ID 25316), please apply online no later than 5/15/2015 at:
Northwestern University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide exceptional educational and employment opportunities, the University actively encourages applications from women and minorities.
Student Health Medical Director
Oregon Health and Science University, JBT Health & Wellness Center
Board Certified Internal Medicine or Family Practice physician needed for 1.0 FTE Medical Director in OHSU’s Joseph B. Trainer Health and Wellness Center (Student Health) in Portland, OR. The Medical Director is responsible for medical oversight of all licensed medical health providers. They work collaboratively as part of the core JBT leadership team which consists of the Medical Director, Behavioral Health Director and Practice Manager. In addition, they provide direct office-based primary patient care for acute and chronic disease management for health science student and post-doc population, and consultations to assist staff with diagnosis and treatment of patients. The Medical Director is also a liaison to the OHSU medical and academic community, and serves as the medical lead for all clinical health related student policies. Required: MD, min. 10 years of experience in primary care clinic, 5 years of demonstrated clinical management.
Medical Director Opportunity in Eugene, OR
Lane Community College
Lane Community College is seeking a Medical Director to work in a College Health Clinic offering services to work in a College Health Clinic offering services to the Student Population and Community College Staff. The Medical Director provides guidance, leadership, oversight, quality assurance. This position works collaboratively as with another Physician and Nurse Practitioners to provide office-based primary patient care for acute and chronic disease management, urgent care, and consultations to assist staff with diagnosis and treatment of patients. To find out more and to submit a proposal, please access our website: http://www.lanecc.edu/sites/default/files/healthclinic/rfp_for_physician_services.pdf
Director, Beu Health Center
Western Illinois University
Western Illinois University Beu Health Center is seeking a Director of Beu Health Center. The Director provides direct supervision for the Medical Chief of Staff, staff physicians, Assistant Directors, and numerous other medical staff and is responsible for providing executive management of the health service activities of the Beu Health Center and Western's AOD Resource Center. The Director develops and implements goals and objectives to meet the student health needs of the University community; develops strategies and policies needed to meet these goals and objectives; develops, coordinates, and presents the annual budget request for the operation; coordinates and directs the activities of the Center; serves as the privacy officer for the University on issues related to health insurance portability and HIPPA; facilitates the development of quality control and quality assurance mechanisms; develops and maintains a data collection system for describing clinic utilization, and evaluates all student health operations.
For a full description and to apply, please see: https://wiu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=58129
Executive Director, Campus Health Services
Northern Arizona University
The position of Executive Director, Campus Health Services. This is an exceptional leadership opportunity in college health: the executive directorship of a well-established, highly-regarded, and strongly supported campus health program with experienced, student-oriented staff in a beautiful, state-of-the-art, Health and Learning Center.
Applications should include a letter of interest and curriculum vitae. All application materials must be submitted online, NAU Careers website (http://apptrkr.com/605800 # 601101). NAU has partnered with Keeling & Associates, LLC, in this search process. For a confidential discussion prior to applying or nominating, contact Dr. Almeda R. Jacks at email@example.com, (212) 229-4750.
NAU is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer.
Assistant Director of Health Services
Southern New Hampshire University
Shape the future of higher education at one of the nation’s fastest-growing and most dynamic private, nonprofit universities. Help drive student success in a unique culture of innovation that values teamwork, openness and diversity. Enjoy a highly competitive benefits package from an organization ranked a Best College to Work For seven years in a row by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Health Services for the Wellness Center. The Assistant Director is responsible for the coordination of Health Services and for the provision of health care to the full-time day and international students at Southern New Hampshire University in collaboration with the University Physician. The Assistant Director supports the Director in the leadership of the Wellness Center.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Supervision of Health Services Staff
- Evaluate, diagnose and treat students.
- Management of common acute problems and trauma. Obtain appropriate history of the problem, perform examination, order lab tests when necessary, accurately record findings, identify and initiate plan of care according to Health Service guidelines. Prescribe medication as authorized under established protocols. Refer to specialists as necessary. Provide follow-up and maintain accurate records of student problems.
- In collaboration with the University Physician and/or family physician conduct periodic monitoring of medical interventions, and/or conditions for re-evaluation. Makes adjustments to treatment plans under the direction of the University or family Physician and communicates changes to the physician for re-evaluation.
- Review records of incoming students for pertinent medical findings.
- Responsible for the overall compliance of Health Services in collaboration with the Director of the Wellness Center. Manages and coordinates Health Services as required for state licensure.
- Primary staff member involved in ensuring the electronic medical record system in health services is accurate and meeting the needs of patient charts.
- Provide medical health education for students as needed regarding their health care needs.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Education and Counseling to provide informal teaching classes or programs to students on pertinent young adult issues and/or university health programs: i.e., SNHU 101 classes. These outreach activities may require evening or weekend hours as decided by the Assistant Director or Director of the Wellness Center.
- Maintain current literature and pamphlets, provide articles and distribute informational flyers (when necessary) to alert the university community regarding existing epidemics.
- Supports Director in Wellness Center Leadership.
The successful applicant must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a Licensed Registered Nurse in State of NH
- 5+ years’ experience in a health care setting, preferably in higher education
- Effective supervisory skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An ability to work independently, and experience working with a variety of constituents are required.
- Broad base of relevant clinical knowledge and skills with training/experience in ambulatory care, emergency medical services and health education.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wdw6y64
Purdue Student Health Center
Purdue University Student Health Center seeks a BC/BE physician to provide primary healthcare for a student population of approximately 38,000. Staffing includes fifteen physicians and five nurse practitioners, with clinic hours from 8am to 5pm weekdays and the possibility for a rotating 10am – 6pm shift on weekends. This full-time, 12 month appointment offers excellent fringe benefits including a generous vacation/holiday package, an outstanding retirement program, malpractice insurance, and a continuing education stipend. No hospital responsibilities. Interested parties may apply online at www.purdue.edu/jobs, reference position #1302436. A check of criminal conviction records will be conducted for employment in this position.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Urgent Care/Student Health Physicians
West Virginia University
An ideal job in a beautiful setting with a young, healthy population who wants to be involved in their healthcare! WVU Urgent Care and Student Health Service provides a large range of care to the community and student population.
WVU School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine is actively recruiting full-time physicians to practice in our Urgent Care and Student Health clinics. Board certification or eligibility in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or dual certification in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics is required. Successful candidates must have an MD, MD/PhD or DO degree (the employer accepts foreign educational equivalent) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license. In addition to excellent patient care, the faculty member will have opportunities to teach residents and medical students and opportunities for clinical research exist. We serve the WVU student population as well as the community through our Student Health Services, Urgent Care locations and International Travel Clinic. A wide variety of services are offered, including preventative, chronic, and acute care with minor procedures.
U.S. News & World Report ranked West Virginia University Hospitals in Morgantown #1 in the state for the last three years. And Forbes recently ranked Morgantown as one of the Best Small Metros in America. Our area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system and an abundance of beautiful homes and recreational activities.
Positions will remain open until filled. To apply, please submit your CV to Pam Furbee, Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org and to learn more, visit http://wvuhealthcare.com/wvuh/Hospitals-Clinics/Urgent-Care/Urgent-Care-Home.
WVU is an AA/EO employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Family Medicine Physician
Washington State University, Health & Wellness Services
Health & Wellness Services, located on the beautiful Palouse in Pullman, WA, is seeking a board certified Family Medicine physician with a certification of added qualifications in Sports Medicine for a permanent, full time 9-month position to provide outpatient primary health care to a student population of approximately 20,000. This position is outpatient care only including Division 1 Intercollegiate Athletics event and training room coverage. Excellent benefits package including malpractice coverage, medical, retirement and CME allocation. Previous training/experience in college health and sports medicine preferred. For questions please contact Debbie Senter at email@example.com or 509-335-2610, or Dennis J Garcia MD at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-6165. To apply, visit www.wsujobs.com WSU is an EEO/AA educator and employer.
University of Dayton
The University of Dayton is currently seeking a physician for its student health center, working full-time during the academic year and part-time in the summer. This position will include full University benefits including eligibility for tuition assistance. The position start date will be January 4, 2016, sooner if available. For more information, please see jobs.udayton.edu and search “Physician”.
For information about the health center, visit https://www.udayton.edu/studev/health_wellness/healthcenter/index.php
To attain its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and affirmative action and to equal opportunity policies and practices. We act affirmatively to recruit and hire women, traditionally under-represented minority groups, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician
The University of Vermont
The University of Vermont’s Center of Health and Wellbeing invites inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position of Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician.
Reporting to the CHWB Director, the incumbent has oversight of Athletic Medicine Services and provides primary medical care to varsity intercollegiate student athletes and to the general student population at the University. The incumbent provides supervision to the Athletic Training staff, serves as a liaison to the Department of Athletics and to consulting specialists in Orthopedics. He/She participates in coverage of varsity athletic events and coordinates coverage with other clinicians in the Center’s Student Health Services.
The successful candidate must possess an MD or DO degree from an accredited program: three years of primary care experience and experience in clinical supervision; experience with provision of sports medicine and primary health services; knowledge of the primary development issues of adolescents/young adults and experience working with a college age population.
Interested individuals should send a letter of application and CV to UVM@wspelman.com . The subject line in email should be PCSPP. Confidential inquiries will be received at 585.366.4329. The process will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
View the full position announcement at: http://bit.ly/1EbuOmt
Assistant Director for Violence Prevention
Oregon State University
As part of the newly created Alcohol, Drug & Violence Prevention Center, and reporting to the Center Director, the Assistant Director for Violence Prevention (ADVP) uses theory-driven and evidence-informed practices to foster safe, supportive, and inclusive learning and living environments at Oregon State University. The ADVP focuses on creating and implementing a strategic plan for sexual violence prevention through education, training, prevention programming, and policy. These efforts will consist of efforts related to sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking prevention, as well as other forms of violence. This position also provides leadership and collaborates with other university and community partners to develop and implement a comprehensive plan for sexual violence prevention and education at Oregon State University. Full-time, 12-month position.
Master's degree in a relevant field such as health education, public health, community health, health promotion, social work, counseling, psychology, or related degree.
Knowledge and understanding of:
Prevention programs related to sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking
Title IX, Campus SaVE Act, Dear Colleague Letter, White House Report, and other relevant laws and regulations, specifically as they pertain to prevention education efforts.
Demonstrated experience implementing and assessing effective evidence based sexual violence prevention in a college environment.
Demonstrated commitment to diversity, social justice, and creating inclusive environments.
Work effectively and compassionately with individuals who have experienced sexual violence.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Demonstrated ability to:
Communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Work collaboratively and effectively at various levels of a complex organization.
PhD degree in a relevant field
5 or more years providing effective sexual violence prevention services on a college campus.
Experience training, supervising, and evaluating peer educators on a college campus.
Experience creating or managing a men's programs that promote healthy male identity, sexuality and reduction of sexual violence.
Experience with violence prevention programs such as hazing or bullying.
Successful grant writing and implementation.
For complete requirements see announcement and apply at http://oregonstate.edu/jobs; posting # 0014472. Apply by May 8, 2015. OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled
Coordinator for Student Wellness Programs
Wellness and Prevention Services, Appalachian State University
Appalachian State University in Boone, NC, is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Coordinator for Student Wellness Programs. The Coordinator provides leadership for evidence-based health educational initiatives for the Appalachian State University student community. Responsibilities include developing, implementing, and evaluating programs related to the leading health indicators as described in Healthy Campus 2020 with emphasis on prevention and lifelong learning (ref: http://www.acha.org/healthycampus,accessed March 3, 2015).
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three references with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses in PDF format to Dr. Bob Ellison, Search Committee Chair via http://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/7304
Senior Counselor, University Counseling Center
Binghamton University's Counseling Center offers full-time 10-month renewable position with benefits for counselor providing mental health counseling services to diverse student population. Master’s degree in mental health or related field required. This is a generalist position with strong preference for candidates with interest in the areas of multicultural counseling and/or masculinity and men's issues. Duties of the position include short-term individual and group counseling, crisis work, psychological assessment, consultation, outreach, psycho-educational workshops, clinical supervision and training, and liaison/consultant relationships. The position will at times require consultation outside of core business hours. All clinical staff positions involve some administrative duties and roles.
To apply, follow this link and click on the "Apply now" box at the bottom of the page.
Assistant Director, University Counseling Center
Binghamton University's Counseling Center (UCC) seeks full-time Assistant Director of Counseling for 12 month position. Master’s degree in mental health or related field required; doctorate preferred. The Assistant Director will report to UCC Clinical Director (CD) and will assist CD and Executive Director in delivery of UCC’s counseling/psychological services to diverse student populations. This includes administrative functions (strategic planning, policy development), and taking lead role in projects (assessing service delivery, implementing quality assurance projects). The position includes strategic and shorter term operational management. Duties also involve staff supervision and direct service, which may include individual/ group counseling, crisis response, assessment, consultation, liaison, and outreach. The position will sometimes require consultation outside core business hours.
To apply, follow this link:
Claremont University Consortium
Claremont University Consortium (CUC) is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join the Student Health Services team of The Claremont Colleges. The Claremont Colleges are a unique cluster of five independent undergraduate liberal arts colleges, two graduate schools and the CUC located in Claremont, California just 45 miles east of Los Angeles. The Advanced Practice Nurse provides holistic care in the area of physical examinations, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of health related problems within the framework of authorized policies and protocols providing medical care to students of the colleges. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit https://jobs.cuc.claremont.edu/postings/657.
California State University San Marcos
Provides general primary health and gynecological care and treatment to students in a clinical setting to Cal State San Marcos students. Promotes healthy lifestyles through patient education and counseling. Advises students regarding their health issues, performs/orders the appropriate diagnostic studies, and provides timely follow-up and referrals as needed.
Position Open Until Filled. First review of applications will begin April 30, 2015. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting materials should be submitted by 11:59 pm on April 29, 2015
For more information and to apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/605366 and under “Staff & Management Opportunities” click on “Job Openings”. Hearing & speech impaired call our TDD at 760-750-3238
Casual -- Nurse Practitioner Employee Health & Medical Services
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides clinical and professional support to the areas of Employee Health, and Medical Services. In Employee Health this role is responsible for occupational health care, workers' compensation, and management of temporary disability for all employees at Princeton University; as well as providing health education and promotion activities for employees. In Medical Services this position provides clinical care to Princeton students and their eligible dependents in the inpatient and outpatient clinics; this includes providing emergency nursing care to walk-in clients. The NP may also provide nursing support to other departments within University Health Services. In addition, the Nurse Practitioner performs administrative and other professional tasks to support the delivery of high quality healthcare consistent with UHS policies, procedures, and professional standards.
Responsibilities in Employee Health
Clinical Responsibilities ( 80 %)
* Provides direct clinical care of employees with work-related injuries and illnesses, with consultation or referral for follow-up care or rehabilitation services where appropriate.
* Communicates philosophy of early return to work and light duty programs in close collaboration with outside physicians and consultants.
* Conducts periodic evaluations and exit examinations for employees with exposure to specific health hazards; e.g., asbestos, noise, live viruses, toxic substances and chemicals, and others as specified by government standards.
* Performs case management and return to work examinations following temporary disabilities for illnesses or injury.
* Performs pre-placement examinations for employees in specific occupations as required by the University (e.g. Public Safety).
* Provides preventative, travel and injury-related immunizations.
* Performs respirator examinations for specified employees.Provides evaluation for medial clearance to enter animal facilities or work with live viruses in research laboratories..
* Provides consultation and assistance to the Employee Assistance Program.
* Provides emergency triage and occasional episodic illness/injury care for employees or referral for same.
Employee Health Education & Promotion Responsibilities ( 10 %)
* Works collaboratively with Health Promotion, Human Resources, and Environmental Health and Safety to develop and provide health promotion programs in the workplace to reduce injuries and improve health; and to provide preventive health screenings (e.g. cardiovascular risk assessment, smoking cessation programs, travel planning programs, etc.)
Clinical Management of Employee Health ( 10 %)
* Assists the Director of Employee Health and the physician in Employee Health with the development and maintenance of policies, protocols, and procedures to advance the health of University employees.
* Assists the Director of Employee Health and the physician in collaborating with other University departments in developing and maintaining University policies and procedures to implement and monitor compliance with OSHA and Workers Compensation regulations, and federal and stated health and safety regulations. Departments include Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), Risk Management, Human Resources, General Counsel, academic departments, and others on occasion.
* Participates on University and UHS committees. These may include UHS Quality Improvement Committee, Emergency Preparedness Committee, UHS CE Committeeand others as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities in Medical Services
Provide Outpatient and Inpatient Clinical Care
* Takes health history and performs physical examinations
* Orders and interprets laboratory tests
* Orders, preliminary interprets imaging and other diagnostic studies, and refers to appropriate consultants when indicated,
* Writes orders for patients on the inpatient service
* Performs minor surgical procedures such as simple suturing and incision/drainage when qualified
* Obtains intravenous access for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
* Gives injections and administers medications
* Provides immediate management of emergency and life-threatening conditions
* Provides timely, accurate and concise documentation of all patient encounters in Electronic Medical Record.
* May issue prescriptions consistent with the NJ Administrative Code.
* This care may include electronic and telephone communications that should be handled in a manner that is consistent with good medical practice, particularly when the student is away from campus.
* Maintains current certification in CPR and AED with annual training sessions.
* Maintains professional standards in the management of confidential information and will treat interactions with patients as privileged communications.
* Maintains professional standards with regard to relationships with patients, in a manner consistent with NJBN and professional organizations' standards.
* Seeks only those privileges for which she or he has training and competence
* Maintains current licensure in NJ, Nurse Practitioner Certification and current CDS and DEA registrations (if prescribing controlled drugs) and complies with NJBN and other regulatory standards.
* Participates regularly in professional continuing education activities and meets NJ State continuing CE requirements for licensure.
* Completes standard in-house training annually in blood-borne pathogens and certain occupational risk areas, as determined by the Director of Employee Health, and the Director of Medical Service; and complies with adverse event/occurrence reporting policy.
* Operates under a collaborative agreement with a designated UHS physician.
* Applies for privileging for procedures he/she performs.
* Provides consultative guidance when requested by another UHS professional. The UHS model fosters a collaborative relationship between physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and nurses.
* Participates in various committees and work groups according to the needs of UHS.
* May present to other members of UHS or to the campus community.
* May participate in mentoring clinicians in training.
* If a nurse practitioner chooses to become involved in research activities or publications, this activity must be consistent with University policies.
* Malpractice insurance is provided by the University for any professional activity done within the UHS scope of practice. The University malpractice does not extend to activities that are not within this scope, such as private practice.
* The University has designated spokespersons. Any communications with the media, the public, or the general student body must be consistent with University policy.
* New Jersey license as a professional Registered Nurse and New Jersey state certification as a Nurse Practitioner
* ANA or AANP certification as a master's prepared Nurse Practitioner
* 3-5 years of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner
* 3-5 years working in an occupational health setting
* Experience in occupational/employee health
* Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to take initiative to solve problems; to be open and flexible in a changing workplace; to engage in helpful behavior toward colleagues; to demonstrate a positive attitude and to work as part of a team
* Working knowledge of OSHA mandated health programs, workers' compensation regulations, and federal and state health and safety regulations
* Current CPR/AED certification.
* Computer literacy and ability to develop maintain and update the computer skills required to fully utilize the Occupational Health Manager and PyraMed computer management programs.
* Experience working in a university setting.
* Certification as an Occupational Health Nurse
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/gn8sngd