Types of Submissions
ACHA 2019 Annual Meeting Call for Programs and Posters
General Sessions | Pre-Conference Workshops | Posters
General sessions are 60 or 90 minutes long and will be conducted starting on Wednesday, May 29, at 1:45 pm, through Saturday, June 1, at 10:00 am. The 60-minute sessions are generally scheduled for Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
On the Program Submission Form, you will indicate your preference for a 60-minute or 90-minute session length. Choose the time length that you deem most appropriate for your presentation's topic, objectives, and content.
The Program Planning Committee (PPC) readily acknowledges that the length of an intended presentation does not, itself, reflect on its potential quality and likelihood for selection. Instead, the PPC encourages submissions for the length of time (60 or 90 minutes) that will permit appropriate coverage of the topic(s) and leave adequate time for learner questions and answers.
Guidance for session length:
- Should have 2-3 learning objectives
- If appropriate, could include small group discussion, case studies, or another form of participant involvement
- Should allow for 10-15 minutes of Q&A
- Should have 3-4 learning objectives
- Should include small group discussion, case studies, or another form of participant involvement
- Should allow for 15-20 minutes of facilitated discussion and Q&A
- Are well suited for multidisciplinary panel presentations, in-depth group discussion, skills-building sessions, “deep-dive” Hot topics sessions.
If your general session is selected by the PPC, it will be scheduled into a time slot and you will be notified of the exact date and time of your presentation when you receive your acceptance letter in December 2018. Due to the large number of programs offered, it is extremely difficult to move sessions once they have been scheduled. Please do not request a change of date or time unless you will need to cancel your session due to a conflict.
Pre-Conference Workshops are 3 hours long and will take place on
Tuesday, May 28, from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and from 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm.
They will differ from the 60- and 90-minute general sessions offered during the Annual Meeting, in that they are intended to help participants enhance specific skill sets or train to acquire specific
competencies appropriate to practice in their discipline. They do not
need to have a specific structure or utilize particular learning
methods, but the PPC encourages presenters to consider the following
- Highly interactive, hands-on programs, engaging participants in active learning about the session topic
- Relevant exercises or activities that will help
participants apply workshop information and resources to their own
institution and professional setting
Pre-Conference Workshops may include but are not limited to covering content such as:
- Advanced topics for “seasoned” college health professionals
- Clinical special skills
- Specific health promotion strategies explored in depth
- Skills from the aggregate section needs assessment
(e.g., grant writing, evaluation and assessment, learning outcomes,
- Advanced administrative issues, such as HIPAA and FERPA
- Services for special populations
Depending on the range of submissions received, selection will
ideally include a multi-disciplinary range of options for the
a poster at the ACHA Annual Meeting is a great way to convey your
research or project to college health professionals from across the
country. Your poster will be affixed to a bulletin board that is 4
feet high by 8 feet wide. Posters will be displayed Thursday, May 30,
and Friday, May 31 (subject to change).
(Revised May 2017)