Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is a world-class travel destination. Whether you want to explore the great outdoors, see the innovative architecture that made the city famous, sample unique eats, visit some of the country's best museums, or take a tour of cultural hotspots, Chicago is the place to be!
You'll never have a dull moment in Chicago. Some of the city's highlights include:
- The Adler Planetarium (home of the world's most technology advanced theater where visitors get a 360-degree immersive experience of being in outer space)
- The Art Institute of Chicago (houses the third largest permanent collection in the United States)
- Chicago Architecture Foundation (offers more than 80 different tours of city architecture including the Chicago Architecture Foundation architecture river cruise)
- Chicago Cultural Center (one of the most visited attractions in Chicago with numerous free events)
- Field Museum of Natural History (includes exciting temporary and permanent exhibitions on the natural world)
- Jackson Park (site of the 1893 World Exposition and includes attractions like a Japanese garden, the Museum of Science and Industry, and a beach trail; many are free to the public)
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood (includes attractions like the Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago History Museum, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum and Lincoln Park Conservatory, along with restaurants and boutiques; many are free to the public)
- Millennium Park (includes attractions like the Lurie Garden, an open-air art gallery, the Frank Gehry-designed Jay Pritzker Pavilion, and much more; many are free to the public)
These are just a few of the things you can see and experience! Plan your trip today by visiting www.explorechicago.org, Chicago's official tourism website.
ACHA will not be offering any tours this year, but there are numerous local companies providing a wide range of tours. Visit Explore Chicago's tour finder page to find the tour that's right for you! www.explorechicago.org/city/en/things_see_do/tours.html
Go Airport Express operates a shuttle that provides daily, shared ride, door-to-door service to and from O'Hare and Midway Airports between 4:00 am and 11:30 pm. Shuttles depart approximately every 10-15 minutes outside the baggage claim area on the Lower Level of the Domestic and International Terminals. Fares range from $23-$28, with group rates available for two or more passengers. Please visit www.airportexpress.com for more details.