Since 1920, the American College Health Association (ACHA) has linked college health professionals throughout the nation (and more recently around the globe), forming a powerful, collaborative networking base. This unique synthesis of vision and knowledge, of practice and policy, can guide and support you and your health service, your health programs, and your professional development.
Our Mission Statement
To serve as the principal leadership organization for advancing the health of college students and campus communities through advocacy, education, and research.
To be the recognized voice of expertise in college health.
Our Core Values
In promoting healthy campus communities and healthy individuals as integral to student learning, the American College Health Association values:
- Social justice, human dignity, and respect for all
- The provision of student-centered services
- Professional excellence, responsiveness, and ethical practice
- Multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches to health
- The commitment and participation of other stakeholders both on and off campus who advance health
- The active involvement of students
- Evidence-informed practices as a foundation for our programs
The mission, vision and values set forth above are integral to ACHA’s strategic plan which guides the long term direction of the association. Learn more about who we are by reviewing our strategic plan.
The 2013-2014 Annual Report provides an overview of the association’s activities during the program year, June 2013 through May 2014. This report is a synopsis of the achievements that ACHA and its membership have made to advance the field of college health and to improve the health of the nation’s college students. The Financial Report is included in the Annual Report and reflects financial information for the fiscal year, January 1 through December 31, 2013.